Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tags of Pages



When i really like a book I tend to put tags or markers on the pages to remind me of how much I enjoyed that particular part. A reminder of a life that could never be or a life that I could never run away from.


Anyways, I was just going through my micro mini library and i realized that I haven't finished or read about 10 books!


One is by Murakami, which I doubt I'd actually finish any time soon. Another is Dante's Inferno which I tried my darndest to understand. The rest include: Eating fire and drinking water (had a nice synopsis), The God of Small things (Seemed interesting), Bridget Jones's Diary - Edge of reason (got it off a book sale & I thought it was agood buy), The Sun also Rises (It's by Hemingway, I thought it would be like a Farewell to Arms ... I'll finish one of these days), Stainless Longganisa (I enjoyed Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas.. it's probably his best), The Tao of dreaming (I just got this one and I started reading it at the store), Like water for chocolates (Given to me as a gift. I didn't start it yet cus I realized I haven't finished a lot). There's one more which I'd rather not mention cus it's super cheesy it's not even funny!


With all this semi read books.... It may be a tell-tale sign that i may be Bipolar.


So anyways, instead of finishing one of these books, I decided to re-read one of my faves. No it's not Catcher... it's White Oleander. I just went through the markers I've made on the book.A little smirk... shake of the head... a knowing smile...


Those were the reactions I caught muself doing while going through these little markers I've put. Everything I've marked had something to do with loneliness, love --- the absence there of or the misunderstood notion of it and witty remarks about mediocrity and Defenses. Hah! No wonder I never finished the others.
They werent angry enough.


It's funny how you can tell so much about a person with his collection of books.


It's sad for my part really. But I guess I've accepted it. Either that or I'm just so used to it that I dont care anymore. Or maybe I'm just saying this to sound stronger than I really am... I'll go with the latter.
The pain is lessened when you peel of the band aid yourself... but sometimes it's hard to tell.

2 comments:

  1. i think i know the cheesy book. is it the niffechever book?

    belly, i love your introspections. they're so pure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so niffenigger (whatever the spelling is) is cheesy? i think it's romantic. well, you're difficult to read, very difficult. but in a mysterious way, you are very translucent in your writing. im glad to have known you such interesting creature by God. i love you!

    i found jessica zafra to have hated the world through her writings, so i kinda, meanly concluded that, it was brought about by some physical lackness, if you know what i mean. don't be jessica-ish and love hating. there's too much hate in the world already.

    ReplyDelete