Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Creak of the Door

I've been feeling under the weather lately. Come to think of it, I think it has been going on for quite a while now. I have bouts of depression which I do not have control over. It comes in waves of emotions and most often than not, the lack there of.

Yesterday, a trainee asked; "Miss Belle, are you ok? You've been having a diferent aura lately."
I shrugged it off and forced a smile. When we got back to class, I
almost cried as I watched their expectant faces.

But big girls don't cry. Figuratively speaking. So I sucked it up.
I pretended that I've been having allergies and excused myself for sniffing and tearing up. I couldn't let the trainees see me in a weak state.
I couldn't figure out why I almost lost it. I'm a very logical person. There's always an answer to a question. An explanation to a phenomenon and a cause to an effect. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. I couldnt figure ME out.
I wanted to cry out whatever I was feeling. But since I didn't know what it was I felt, I took out all my depressing movies when I got home.
I started it off with The Wrestler - a very sad story, but it didnt make me cry.
The Legends of the Fall -- one of my favorite tear jerkers, but still no tears.
Closer - a depressing heart break movie, and still no water works.

Then around 5 am, I heard the creak of a door opening. My sister's up.

An invisible sheath of panic covered me from head to toe and before I knew it I was gasping for air. Tears flowed relentlessly. I tried to stifle the cries, no need to cause panic. After a while, I felt a sharp pain in my mouth. I was biting down way too hard on the blanket I used to stuff my mouth with. I needed to make no sound.

I wanted to run to her. I wanted her to tell me it's okay. I wanted her to take the pain away. But all I could do was wave from my window. She smiled and waved back. Another burst of stifled tears and I realized I have been in pain for so long, I've forgotten that it was there.
9am... I needed to go to sleep. I went to my baby nephew's room and played with him. He is my definition of Love. So pure and simple.
12noon... Time to get ready for work. Suck it all up. Don't falter. No slips. No tears. Be strong.


12 comments:

  1. Belly, I will try not to say anything but bear with me when I say that, not everything has an answer. Sometimes, we have to leave the mystery smother our curiousity or else some things will lose its beauty.

    WE LOVE YOU, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Juber!
    But like what I was trying to tell you at Yoohoo... it's something that doesnt really have a solution or a cure... I guess I just needed to cry it out.
    Hey Im really sorry I was ambiguous last time we were there... I didnt mean for you to misunderstand and get offended.

    kiss kiss - hug hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... it's something that doesnt really have a solution or a cure - sure ka? mabuti naman at alam mo. ahehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i get what you mean when you said that the lack of emotion can cause pain. maybe you've been numb for too long. yes, i want you to be strong but at the same time your emotions need airing out, too (at least every once in a while)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're all human: with a weak and vulnerable side. It's okay to cry Belly because big girls cry once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :: cb :: ... your emotions need airing out, too (at least every once in a while)

    -- yeah.... & I guess I just need to suck it up though.. not blog about it too much and take it as it is... i dunno.. Hah?

    ReplyDelete
  7. apol cano said...
    We're all human: with a weak and vulnerable side. It's okay to cry Belly because big girls cry once in a while.

    --
    THank nyou laps... but i really wish I wasnt such a cry baby

    ReplyDelete
  8. disclaimer: this has nothing to do with your post. hehe

    you've been tagged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)


    Your award will go live sometime on Wed, March 25, 2009


    Award Code

    Thank you,


    Bill Austin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crying is the best release, so when the opportunity comes...let it flow.
    Take each day one at a time, take a walk, turn on an upbeat song. I like the song on your blog, but I find when I listen to that stuff during bad bouts, i get into a deeper funk. So put on some dancin music!!

    All the best.

    Lisa at Lots To Learn
    www.LotsToLearn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the Blog award thing majjig!

    ReplyDelete
  12. info said...
    "Crying is the best release, so when the opportunity comes...let it flow.
    Take each day one at a time, take a walk, turn on an upbeat song. I like the song on your blog, but I find when I listen to that stuff during bad bouts, i get into a deeper funk. So put on some dancin music!!"

    Thanks so much Lisa! By the way all these comments are making me feel like Im such a cry baby... ehehe

    ReplyDelete