Thursday, February 5, 2009

Urbandictionary Definition - Belle

I, along with some of my colleagues, was checking out definitions in Urbandictionary and I didnt want to check out my nickname Belle since it isn't really my name and I already knew what it meant. But I typed it in anyways. At first it was the usual definition like "Beautiful" and so on. But as I scrolled down, the other meanings caught me by surprise.

Belle: short girl,high class fashionable clothes.sucks at life,smart in school.she is very ditzy,like a pino blonde.Skank!haha jk.

"Dude love your clothes, so Belle."

Belle: A word used to describe those midget-type angry women, who have to compensate for their shortcomings by playing juvenile games with other
cruddies.

"That Belle sure doesn't know how to accept responsibility for her actions. Hopefully she'll be smarter one day, but I won't hold my breath."

Hmm... I was a bit surprised. A colleague said that she was sure that those definitions came from someone at work.
I was a bit offended. Not by what was said but by what the meaning of my name is. Urbandictionary is no Merriam webster or dictionary.com but still.
I started thinking if it was really about me.

Sure hit me where it hurt.

But then I never thought I was angry. Just defensive and short. Napoleon Syndrome much?

I started wondering who could have written such a callous attempt to hurt my cold cold heart. I guess I was just annoyed that a colleague had to tell everyone about the definition and would tell whoever else did not know about it. Of course whoever read saw it agreed with a laugh.

Then I decided that I don't give a rat's ass. Atleast I was on Urban dictionary! :)

But then I looked it up again and found out that the 1st meaning was written back in June 2004 and the second one.... Well look at that! Feb 2, 2008!

Definitely not from the office.

I guess its some other Belle who is almost exacly like me. A doppelganger maybe?

Hmmm... how curious.

6 comments:

  1. Belle: A word used to describe those midget-type angry women, who have to compensate for their shortcomings by playing juvenile games with other
    cruddies. -- I'm sorry Belle, but the definition just made you the quintessntial of all Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belly you sure are a midget but you're not any of the other descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parteeboi:
    Whuttabout shortcomings?
    Ok fine! it's been a while since I came,,, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apol Cano:
    Small person!!!! Bru! Small person!!!
    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww bellie.. you're anything but that!!! :D gawa tayo bagong definition..

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) you dont have to dear... its something that Im actually starting to like

    ReplyDelete