Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Reflection


During our yosi break this afternoon, a colleague asked nonchalantly "Do you look at yourself in the mirror naked?"

I immediately said "No!"

Being as defensive as I am, I started saying that I don't look at every nook and cranny of my body and that I find it weird.
In my head, I added that I don't stare at myself in the mirror and make hoots while admiring the beauty that is ME!

Then I thought about it.

I don't really look at myself in the mirror as often as my other colleagues do. Yes, I check if I'm decent.
I put some rouge, put a bit of face power to cover the dark spots and dab the oil from my face.
But I never spend a long period of time looking at myself in the mirror.

Not because I'm not vain 'cus God knows there is a big chunk of vanity in me. I guess the reason behind it is, in my head I know how I look. Or should look. Confident, smart, talented, pretty... and I wanna keep it that way.

I'm afraid that if I look in the mirror too long, I'll be wrong. I can't afford to be wrong. I've built my confidence for 28years for me to be wrong about myself.

It's a scary thought, not seeing the person I have in my head through my reflection.

5 comments:

  1. But you're a beautiful person inside and out. You don't have to be afraid to look at the person in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks apol....
    :)
    Can't believe im actually sharing this... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle, you are a beauty in my eyes. You are someone I am very glad that I have met. Love you Belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think u can keep the the way of looking as confident, smart, talented, pretty
    at the same time, spend more time with mirror and its not conflicting.
    I almost saw ur hotel pics and im sure u re sexy and can spend more time cuz of this.

    ReplyDelete